Saturday, October 22, 2011

I'm a Work In Progress

Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony. Wise words from M. Gandhi. Words I am trying to live by and trying to find focus with. I had a huge AH-HA moment as a parent, a mother, a wife and a person on October 13. I arrived home after being at work for way too long, it was after 5pm and my husband, G & R were all in their PJ's. If the dog had PJ's, I am sure he too, would have been wearing them. And did I hug people, say hello and snuggle my babies? No, I yelled at my husband that it was after 5pm, no one was dressed and what the hell was going on. Not me being my best self.

I didn't take into consideration that my husband had been battling a cold for two weeks, that it had rained all day and that it really didn't matter if everyone spent 22 hours in their PJ's. I stepped into the worst version of myself and performed horribly.

My husband was solid in his response, he was right after all and knew it. It took me 5 hours to apologize and a full 24 hours to process it.

A friend recently had a quote on her facebook page "I myself am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions." It hit me in the face- this is me too! And for now, I'll keep moving along, remembering to look in the mirror now and again. I need to love what I see and PJ day was not it. Almost 35 years of me and I am still learning.

1 comment:

  1. Don't beat yourself up! We have so much to learn from our husbands!! I wish I could be as laid back as mine...I have no doubts that one day I too will come home to PJ day and I will remember your story! Thanks for sharing and reminding us that we are all human!

    ReplyDelete