Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Goodbye August



Goodbye August. You've been a good month. You've had a few moments where the days seemed longer than usual but I will miss you. You are a month of celebrating; of celebrating anniversaries (happy 5 years hubby), of reflecting and celebrating G & R (happy 1st birthday my girls) and of home ownership. You have been a busy month for us- with babies on the move more and more, new teeth, new words, new developments and new experiences. You've been a month where we have battled thrush and viral infections. Where the babies have tried new foods, enjoyed swims in oceans and lakes and lots of summer walks.

In August, even the beer tastes better, especially on a hot summer day.

It was also a month of loss- Goodbye Jack Layton. I'm still processing, still in disbelief and still not sure how to describe the impact of a man I have never met. I've watched the funeral twice, cried many tears and will have to leave it at that for now.

It's a month of preparing to return to work, to a new routine and to getting through the days in a different way.

Brigadoon Children's Camp Society opened this month too; a dream of Dave McKeage that has come to reality. I have goosebumps when I think of it and can't believe that I walked the grounds, into the cabins, onto the lake where Brigadoon has been built. Amazing. Inspiration to believe in your dreams and the power of accomplishment when you follow through.

Goodbye August. I will miss you and look forward to your return next year.

"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day I can hear her breathing." Arundhati Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment